Saturday 11 January 2014

Cards for Guys

Hi there,

I would like to share some male influenced cards with you.  You may notice a slight obsession with Tim Holtz stamps in some of them and I apologize for the poor quality of photos, they were all taken on my phone, just for my records at the time (or to put on facebook!) 


 This card I made at a workshop in Andamooka, we were given a layout sketch and had to make a card using it.  All papers, stamps, inks and embossing powders were provided at the workshop and I don't know the brands I used.   

Here are photos of Andamooka, again only taken on my phone.  The blog is called a Adventures of a Crafty Traveler after all!  I should include more of my Traveling.  Andamooka is a half hour drive from my home, but completely different from anywhere.


The church has had a huge second roof built over it to offer extra insulation inside and shade outside for gathering under.  Quite necessary when temperatures get over 40c (104f).


 I love the clouds!
All the piles of dirt are from the opal mines, some you can noodle through and hopefully find your own piece of Andamooka to take with you!



 The above three cards are the Tim Holtz inspired cards using his stamps and distress inks.  I actually love the clashing colours and messiness!

This card I made for a friend who is army soldier mad!  And yes, he is all grown up.  I took a few of our boys army soldiers and sketched them.  I then cut them out and mounted them on army soldier green card.  I had a light brown embossed card in my stash and got out the chalks and tried to make it look like army camouflage.  Inside I had made a dog tag out of silver card and added his details.  

I often try to think about making cards for guys, then get distracted and make something girly.  Going through these photos, I realize I had heaps of fun making the guy ones too.

Hope you enjoyed them.
 
Have a great weekend. 

Rachael :-)

No comments: